We are the land of olive oil
La Granadella, which is in Les Garrigues Altes region, is a town with a long oil-producing tradition. We have invested a great deal of effort and energy into creating and giving life to the Catalan Oil Culture Centre or CCOC.
The CCOC brings together, organises and offers a series of actions targeted at various publics, all of which have olive oil as a point of connection. The CCOC is:
- The centre for disseminating the olive oil culture among the general public.
- A melting pot for creative talent, research and innovation for the consumption of olive oil.
- A space for working , building, sharing and developing activities of a leisure time, cultural and touristic nature.
- The connection between organisations, associations and other groups linked to the production of olive oil, to its consumption and to the management of the territories in which it is produced.
- A centre which has a bibliographical collection and publications linked to olive oil.
- A showcase and point of sale for top-quality gastronomic products made using extra virgin olive oil.
The CCOC is the result of our agricultural origins and the materialisation of a desire to give value, meaning and energy to a rich, diverse, disperse, far-reaching cultural source.
The Catalan Oil Culture Centre is an area which promotes, projects and recognises Catalan oil-producing regions.